- Tawfick promoted to Associate Professor
- Tawfick selected by alumni for the two-year effective teaching award
- New C-NICE project (with William King and Lynford Goddard) on smart metrology
- Congratulations Jonathan and Kaihao on defending your PhD thesis
- New DARPA SHRIMP project on high energy density coiled actuators
- Tawfick selected by students for Everitt Award for Teaching Excellence
- Origami Robot SMS article wins the ASME Structures and Structural Dynamics best paper award, announced during SMASIS 2018
- Tawfick chosen for the AFOSR Young Investigator Program 2019
Our research aims at (i) engineering materials by synthesizing and assembling nanostructured building blocks into larger scales, (ii) modeling, understanding and tailoring the mechanical behavior of these materials and (iii) demonstrating new applications of these materials.
Examples of our work:
- Design of bio-inspired multi-functional material systems;
- Synthesis and self-assembly of nanostructures;
- Mechanics and dynamics of materials;
- Building awesome manufacturing machines and fine mechanisms.